The rumors were true, alternative metallers Mudvayne are back (after a 12-year hiatus) and will be performing at four major USA festivals this year! The gigs marks the group’s first live shows since 2009 and their only dates this year.
A cryptic message from the band reads:
These symptoms suggested that our evolution, I suppose, from the animal kingdom into human kingdom itself was catalyzed or triggered by our encounter with these hallucinogenics, and… Yes, we are an ape with a symbiotic relationship to a mushroom, and that has given us self reflection, language, religion, and all the spectrum of effects that flow from these things And one can only wonder how these hallucinogens might effect our future evolution as well They have brought us to this point and as we make our relationship to them conscious, we may be able to take control of our future evolutionary path.
~~ MudDvAyNe 2021 ~~
September 10 – 12
October 7 – 10
Louder Than Life
September 23 – 26
Welcome To Rockville
November 11 – 14
MuDvAyNe : Initiate Monolith Algorithm : 30:02:18:19
C:\ Initiate monolith: TERMINAL LAUNCH:12:97:24:99
C:\ BEGIN LOAD MV2 ALGORITHM: 30:02:18:19
Decoding MV algorithm sequence 171,930.5
Relationship Conscious : LD:50 Completed
ECDI DF Monolith Sequence Begin 19:x4:21
01110111 01110111 01110111 00101110 01101101 01110101 01100100 01110110 01100001 01111001 01101110 01100101 01101111 01100110 01100110 01101001 01100011 01101001 01100001 01101100 00101110 01100011 01101111 01101101
For a better understanding of what the hell is going on, a full press release from promoter Danny Wimmer Presents reads:
Mudvayne–one of the most creative and distinctive bands in the aggressive music world–has announced that they’re reuniting after a 12-year hiatus, and will be performing at all four Danny Wimmer Presents U.S. festivals in 2021: Inkcarceration Music & Tattoo Festival (a headlining performance) in Ohio, Louder Than Life in Kentucky, Aftershock in California and Welcome To Rockville in Florida. These dates mark the band’s first shows since 2009 and their only dates this year.
Watch the Mudvayne announcement video here:
Mudvayne formed in 1996 and has sold over six million records worldwide, earning Gold certification for three albums (‘L.D. 50,’ ‘The End Of All Things To Come,’ ‘Lost and Found’). The band is known for their sonic experimentation, innovative album art, face and body paint, masks and uniforms. Mudvayne is Chad Gray (vocals), Greg Tribbett (guitar, backing vocals), Matthew McDonough (drums, synthesizer) and Ryan Martinie (bass).
Danny Wimmer, founder of Danny Wimmer Presents recalls, “In our fan surveys, Mudvayne has consistently been one of the most requested bands – even though they weren’t an active band! We’ve been working for years to make this happen, so when I got the call that they’d finally take a meeting, [DWP Executive VP & Talent Buyer] Gary Spivack and I jumped at the chance to fly to Vegas. We sat down for dinner with Mudvayne, their lawyer Eric German, manager Diony Sepulveda and agent Ryan Harlacher – the band hadn’t even been in the same room together for 10 years – and pleaded our case for why the time was right for this to happen. We were hoping to announce this in 2020, we’re fortunate enough to be able to do it in 2021, and DWP is super pumped to have Mudvayne exclusively at all four of our festivals this year.”
The full list of Mudvayne performances at 2021 DWP festivals is as follows. Specific show dates and performance times will be announced later.
– Inkcarceration Music & Tattoo Festival, which takes place September 10-12 at Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield, Ohio. Early bird passes are on sale now. Full lineup announcement coming Tuesday, April 20 at Noon ET.
– Louder Than Life, which takes place September 23-26, 2021 at Highland Festival Grounds at KY Expo Center in Louisville, Kentucky. Early bird passes are on sale now.
– Aftershock – revealed as the “mystery reunion band,” performing on Saturday, October 8 at Discovery Park in Sacramento, California. Weekend passes are sold out, but a very limited number of single day passes are still available.
– Welcome To Rockville, which takes place November 11-14 at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida. Early bird passes are on sale now.
Danny Wimmer Presents is known worldwide for their stellar portfolio of music and lifestyle events, which includes Aftershock, Bourbon & Beyond, Epicenter, Hometown Rising, Louder Than Life, Sonic Temple Art + Music Festival, and Welcome To Rockville. DWP recently entered the digital content curation space, promoting pay-per-view concert streams and creating the popular digital series Offstage with DWP and Beyond the Barrel, with new episodes debuting this spring.
For more information on the Danny Wimmer Presents festivals, visit:
For more information on Mudvayne, visit:
Featured artist photo by Dean Karr
Also Check Out: Dropkick Murphys announce ‘Turn Up That Dial’ live stream
- Get started on Robinhood with our referral LINK and you’ll get a free stock when you link your bank account
- You can also join Webull and get 2 free stocks when you use our affiliate LINK and make an initial deposit of $100
- You can also sign up to Coinbase with our LINK and receive free $10 in Bitcoin when you buy or sell your first $100