Norwegian black metal acts Taake and Deathcult (both feature multi-instrumentalist Hoest) have announced a special split 10″ EP being called ‘Jaertegn.’ The effort is set to drop on July 10th through Edged Circle Productions.
Here’s more info from the official announcement:
Indeed, Jaertegn is a momentous occasion, bringing together two of Norwegian black metal’s foremost torchbearers, all of it recorded, forged, and perfected within the darkest halls of the seven silver mountains of Bergen. By now, the infamous Taake should require no introduction. Here, they present the brand-new track “Slagmark,” moodily melodic and draped in the atmosphere of the ancients, alongside a reverential cover of Darkthrone’s “Ravnajuv” as a show of Norse solidarity and pride. For their part, Deathcult likewise deliver the goods, raising the same sterling banner they have across their two cult full-lengths. The new track “Der Würger” keeps its church-burning fire firmly within the ’90s, while a ribald cover of Beherit’s “Black Arts” closes things out with hideous, haunting finality. Truly, these two mighty hordes show a relentless devotion to the black arts.
You can take a listen to Deathcult’s new song “Der Würger,” and check out the split’s track listing below.
1. Taake – Slagmark
2. Taake – Ravnajuv [Darkthrone cover]
3. Deathcult – Black Arts [Beherit cover]
4. Deathcult – Der Würger
Photos by Velevae
- Get started on Robinhood with our referral LINK and you’ll get a free stock when you link your bank account
- You can also join Webull and get 2 free stocks when you use our affiliate LINK and make an initial deposit of $100
- You can also sign up to Coinbase with our LINK and receive free $10 in Bitcoin when you buy or sell your first $100