Saturday, February 6th, 2016 at 12:00 pm|
NYC area shows announced this week (Bush, John 5, Cauldron + more)
It was quite a week for rock and metal show announcements in New York City, check out a list of the latest below…
* Monster Truck and Dead Heavens rock Saint Vitus on February 17th [tix]. MT‘s new record Sitting Heavy comes out on February 19th.
* Spawns of Satan Archgoat defile Saint Vitus on March 20th with help from Valkyrja [tix].
* Alt metallers Bush return with new tour dates, counting a gig at LI’s The Paramount on May 5th [tix].
* Famed ripper John 5 and his backing band The Creatures return to NYC at Highline Ballroom on March 16th [tix]. New record Guitars, T!ts, and Monsters drops later this year.
* Punk rock giants NOFX will release a new autobiography in the spring, with a tour in tow, slamming Manhattan along the way at Irving Plaza on April 29th [sold out].
* Canadian heavy metallers Cauldron will soon wrap up a long North American tour supporting Enforcer, but before then they’ll hit Saint Vitus for a headliner on February 22nd [tix]. New album In Ruin is out now.
* Grindcore legion Wake drop Sowing The Seeds Of A Worthless Tomorrow later this month, which will be accompanied by tour dates, including The Acheron on March 7th [ticket info tbc].
* Original Kiss member Ace Frehley returns to B.B. King on April 11th and April 12th [tix]. Expect new music coming out soon.
* Steel Panther played in the garage belonging to bassist Lexxi Foxx‘s mom, and will soon release proof of it. A super small record release show goes down at The Box (well played) on February 25th [sold out].
* Def Leppard postponed some dates (sorry Brooklyn).
* Metal weirdos Nekrogoblikon, Psychostick and Urizen do some crazy stuff at Saint Vitus on national marijuana day, April 20th [tix].
* Fast food doomers Mac Sabbath “Rock-Sham-Shake” their way to Highline Ballroom on March 25th [tix].
* Counterparts, Expire and others march through North America later this year; catch them at The Studio at Webster Hall on April 8th [tix].
* The New Regime aka Ilan Rubin (previously in Nine Inch Nails & Lostprophets) was added to The Used‘s upcoming spring tour; descending upon PlayStation Theater on April 26th and April 27th [tix].
* Texas’ own True Widow hit the road in the spring, making an appearance at Saint Vitus on April 27th [tix]. New record comes out this summer.
* Techlicious shredders Revocation make their 2016 stage debut next month, devastating Saint Vitus on March 17th [tix]. New licks are on the way.
* Owl aficionados Kvelertak plan to let loose a new LP in the near future, but before then they’ll hook up with Torche and Wild Throne for a North American tour; whacking Irving Plaza on April 13th [tix].
* American Head Charge return with their first record in like forever; Tango Umbrella (due next month), and intent to support it with spring dates; slamming LI’s Revolution on May 22nd with Motorgrater [on sale 2/9].
* Fans of grind Magrudergrind will release their new effort II next week; backing it with tour dates, including a one-off headliner at The Acheron on February 19th [tix].
* You should spend your Valentine’s Day (2/14) drinking tons of free booze and listening to an all-star cast dish out tunes from the mighty Motörhead at The Bowery Electric. RIP LEMMY! [tix]
Did we miss anything? If so, let us know in the comments.
For a detailed list of upcoming shows (including upstate gigs), make sure to check out our calendar.
Submit Comment |