Relatively new to the Seattle metal scene, Draemora is comprised of seasoned musicians who, despite COVID-19 slowing their debut, are ready to show the nation and the world their debut EP “Awakening” due out Friday, June 26, 2020, via Ultra Nast Records.
Before the EP officially drops, the band is sharing its full stream premiere via MetalInjection HERE [also embedded below].
“Awakening” is nothing short of heavy, melodic metal infused with honest and heartfelt lyrics. This combination works perfectly with the band’s mission to evoke an intense emotional and spiritual experience that brings out the raw emotions that are suppressed all day in normal day to day lives.
Guitarist Terry Jenkins elaborates the story behind the writing of “Awakening”:
“It’s intense and beautiful. It’s angry, sad, and uplifting and I think it is a reflection of a human living in modern-day society. The majority of the lyrics are a culmination of direct excerpts from letters, poems, and life experiences from the period between May 2018 and August 2019. It was a very intense time in my life. A relationship I had been in for 10 years was falling apart due to my addiction problems and I had just got sober at the end of April 2018. Being sober after being intoxicated and high for 16 years was like living in a different world all together. I had to finally face all of the things I had put off for a very long time and it was like I was learning how to do everything in my life all over again. I used lyrics and music to channel a lot of those feelings and get it out. When I was in the beginning, I relied on listening to a few specific metal albums to keep me from slipping into the dark, and without those pieces of music, I may not be walking the earth right now. I was going to keep this stuff to myself but, the realization that I needed to feel like I wasn’t alone by listening to music that spoke candidly about the same things that I was going through almost forced me to share my stories and others stories on this EP with someone else who is going through the same stuff.”
Recommended for fans of Strapping Young Lad, Whitechapel, and Nevermore, Draemora’s “Awakening” is available Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Google Play pre-save HERE.
With a slight pause in the band’s plans due to the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, Draemora is already working away on a full-length album to follow and getting ready for when they can pummel crowds live with their heavy melodic brand of progressive death metal.
Their debut EP “Awakening” is due out June 26, 2020 via Ultra Nast Records.
1. Home (3:27)
2. Dead Inside (3:09)
3. Guilt (3:20)
4. Reckoning (3:53)
5. Legion of Scum (3:34)
EP Length: 17:25
Band Line Up:
Terry Leroy Jenkins – Guitar / Clean Vocals
Taylor Wood – Vocals
Max Taylor – Guitar
Jared Connelie – Drums
– All instrument parts and Vocal parts including lyrics were written, arranged, and Produced by Terry Leroy Jenkins
– Drum performance – Jared Connelie
– Vocal Performances – Terry Leroy Jenkins and Taylor Wood
– Guitar and Bass Performances – Terry Leroy Jenkins
– Mixing – Terry Leroy Jenkins – Ultra Nast Productions
– Mastering – Erman Hemidovic / Systematic Productions
– Album Artwork – Sarah Estrella
Press release courtesy of Asher Media Relations
- Get started on Robinhood with our referral LINK and you’ll get a free stock when you link your bank account
- You can also join Webull and get 2 free stocks when you use our affiliate LINK and make an initial deposit of $100
- You can also sign up to Coinbase with our LINK and receive free $10 in Bitcoin when you buy or sell your first $100