Boston melodic power thrashers Let Us Prey have released the title-track to their upcoming full-length album, ‘Virtues of the Vicious,’ which is out now.
The title-track, which features a guest guitar solo by Metal Mike Chlasciak (Halford, Testament), can be viewed below in lyric video form.
Says vocalist Marc Lopes (who helmed the video himself):
‘Virtues of the Vicious’ in simple terms is about if we are inherently violent by nature and born this way, or if it’s a learned trait and a product of our environment. I actually did a two-week study about this before writing the lyrics. The conclusion is up for endless debate, and a conversation I would only have in a personal one-on-one encounter with a person of open and sound mind. The title was inspired from an episode of ‘The Punisher,’ and the artwork is relief sculpture from Vigeland Sculpture Park in Oslo by Gustav Vigeland. When I saw this piece while visiting Oslo in 2017, I was immediately drawn and fascinated by the work, so I took a series of pictures knowing I would use them in some manner in the future. The image and title just worked for me. The music itself is chaos, mixing many styles of metal into one sitting. I wanted total mayhem for the guitar solos, so I called on Metal Mike Chlasciak, who also I jam with in another project. I could not be happier with the results, which are my personal musical to the subject matter.
Stream “Virtues of the Vicious”:
‘Virtues of the Vicious’ track listing:
01. Above The Vaulted Sky
02. Virtues of the Vicious (feat. Metal Mike Chlasciak)
03. In Suffering
04. Halo Crown (feat. Jon Donais)
05. Murder Thy Maker
06. The Saint of Killers (feat. Oli Herbert)
07. Ghost Echoes (feat. Jimi Bell)
08. The Cruel Creation of Me
10. And Hell Followed With Me
- Get started on Robinhood with our referral LINK and you’ll get a free stock when you link your bank account
- You can also join Webull and get 2 free stocks when you use our affiliate LINK and make an initial deposit of $100
- You can also sign up to Coinbase with our LINK and receive free $10 in Bitcoin when you buy or sell your first $100