Portland, Oregon melo-black metal act Uada have officially set September 25, 2020 as the official North American release date for their new full-length album via Eisenwald, ‘Djinn.’
“Simply titled but by no means simple in construction nor execution, ‘Djinn’ builds upon the increasingly ambitious songwriting of its no-less-considerable predecessor, but pushes their dazzling artistry into nearly Technicolor landscapes of the Beyond,” reads today’s official announcement.
“Upon the first opening notes, this boundless artistry is felt: big, rolling rhythms reminiscent of post-punk, tantalizingly setting the stage for the splendorous expanses to follow.”
They continue to say: “There’s a certain magick at play here, no doubt bolstered by the band’s rhythm section of Josiah Babcock (who puts in his final performance here) and new bassist Nate Verschoor, erstwhile mainman of Veiled; this throttling-yet-deft foundation both leads and plays acute counterpoint to the spiraling, windswept riffing of founders Jake Superchi (also vocals) and James Sloan, their guitar work transcending the poignancy of prior works.”
For a taste of ‘Djinn,’ the band have revealed the upcoming record’s title-track, which you can check out below.
Tracklisting for Uada’s ‘Djinn’:
1. Djinn [7:50]
2. The Great Mirage [6:50]
3. No Place Here [13:40]
4. In the Absence of Matter [9:49]
5. Forestless [7:55]
6. Between Two Worlds [13:56]
Photography by Adriana Michima/Michima Photography, taken in the Alvord Desert, Oregon
- Get started on Robinhood with our referral LINK and you’ll get a free stock when you link your bank account
- You can also join Webull and get 2 free stocks when you use our affiliate LINK and make an initial deposit of $100
- You can also sign up to Coinbase with our LINK and receive free $10 in Bitcoin when you buy or sell your first $100