Following this morning’s news that vocalist Stu Block and bassist/backing vocalist Luke Appleton have officially parted ways with heavy metal band Iced Earth, guitarist Jake Dreyer has now revealed that he too is distancing himself from the outfit.
Speaking to TMZ, Dreyer stated that he worked with Iced Earth from 2016 – 2018, but that he’s currently only focused on his main project, LA-based heavy/progressive/power metal act Witherfall. Jake declared that he enjoyed his time with Iced Eearth, but “it’s unfortunate how this tragedy unfolded.”
As you know, Schaffer is currently being held by police for his role in the January 6th U.S. Capitol building riots. Schaffer was photographed and captured on surveillance video wielding ‘bear spray’ and allegedly used said spray against U.S. Capitol Police.
Schaffer is charged with:
1. Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority
2. Disrupting the Orderly Conduct of Government Business
3. Knowingly Engages in an Act of Physical Violence Against any Person or Property in any Restricted Building or Grounds
4. Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building
5. Engage in an Act of Physical Violence in a Capitol Building
6. Parade, Demonstrate, or Picket in a Capitol Building
Stu, Luke, Jake and drummer Brent Smedley previously stated that they “absolutely DO NOT condone” nor do they support “riots or the acts of violence that the rioters were involved in on January 6th at the US Capitol building.”
As noted, Hansi Kürsch recently announced his departure from Demons & Wizards, the power metal side project he and Schaffer started in 1997. Jake previously performed in the band as a live guitarist.
Featured concert photo by Lina Glasir
Also Check Out: Jon Schaffer: new video from Capitol riot surfaces